The Instant Payment Notification (IPNurl) is a callback function that helps Pockyt notify the merchant about any new transaction-related event. Pockyt waits for the merchant’s website to acknowledge the IPN messages before it can take action for further processing.
- Create an IPN listener page on your website. This listener page will contain a custom script or a program to receive back-end messages.
- Include the URL of this listener page in the request body. This will allow you to receive all of the transaction-related event notifications sent by Pockyt to your website.
- Every time a transaction occurs, Pockyt sends an instant payment notification (IPN) to the merchant’s listener page URL using the secure POST method.
- The IPN listener page parses the transaction information and processes them to the custom script for verification.
- After verifying the success status of these messages, the custom script or program will forward them to the back-end applications for processing.
- At this point, the listener page must acknowledge Pockyt’s IPN messages with a “success” string.
- Keep in mind that the IPN messages are not synchronous with the merchant’s website and there is always a chance for these notifications to get lost or delayed due to poor internet connectivity.
- For this reason, Pockyt’s IPN service continues to resend the IPN messages until the listener page acknowledges. If the listener page fails to acknowledge the messages, it will continue to receive them up to eight times in two hours.
Last modified 6mo ago