Pockyt Integrated Payments
Pockyt Integrated Payments is an advanced technology that empowers merchants to seamlessly process payments from digital wallets and various other payment methods. It offers a direct integration option by allowing merchants to make API calls to Pockyt's RESTful API, enabling them to handle payment processing within their own ecommerce websites and mobile applications.
With Pockyt Integrated Payments, merchants have complete control over the checkout user interface and user experience (UI/UX). They can design and customize the payment flow to align with their brand and provide a seamless checkout experience for their customers. By integrating directly with Pockyt's API, merchants can retain full control over the look and feel of their ecommerce site or mobile app while leveraging the robust payment processing capabilities of Pockyt.
This technology supports a wide range of payment methods, including digital wallets like AliPay, WeChat Pay, as well as other popular payment options. By offering multiple payment methods, merchants can cater to the preferences of their customers and provide a convenient and flexible payment experience.
Here's a step-by-step process that a customer goes through to make a payment using their digital wallet app, like AliPay, on a merchant website integrated with Pockyt's RESTful API:
- 1.Customer selects products: The customer browses through the merchant's website, adds desired products to their cart, and proceeds to the checkout page.
- 2.Choose payment method: At the checkout page, the customer selects AliPay or their digital wallet app as the preferred payment method.
- 3.Initiate payment: The merchant's website, integrated with Pockyt's RESTful API, sends a payment request to Pockyt's API, specifying the payment amount and other necessary details.
- 4.Retrieve payment details: Pockyt's API responds with the payment details, including a unique transaction identifier and the necessary payment information for the customer's AliPay or digital wallet app.
- 5.Open digital wallet app: The customer clicks on the "Pay with AliPay" or similar button, which opens their AliPay or digital wallet app on their device.
- 6.Authenticate and authorize payment: The customer authenticates themselves within their digital wallet app using their credentials or biometric authentication. They review the payment details, such as the total amount and order summary, and authorize the payment.
- 7.Confirm payment: Once the customer confirms the payment within their digital wallet app, Pockyt's API receives the confirmation and processes the transaction securely.
- 8.Payment status update: Pockyt's API sends a response back to the merchant's website, indicating the status of the payment transaction (e.g., successful, pending, or failed).
- 9.Order confirmation: Upon successful payment, the merchant's website displays an order confirmation page to the customer, and the transaction details are recorded in the merchant's system.
By integrating Pockyt's RESTful API, merchants can provide a seamless payment experience for customers using their digital wallet app, like AliPay, without the need for the customer to leave the merchant's website. The integration ensures secure and convenient payment processing while keeping the customer within the familiar environment of the merchant's website throughout the entire payment journey.
- The merchant system registers first-time customers by calling the create API, generating a customer number stored in the merchant's database for future reference.
- When the customer is ready to make a payment, the merchant website displays its payment page and calls the secure-pay API with YIP as the terminal value.
- The merchant system receives an authorization token and transaction ID instead of a cashierURL, required to accept payments with Braintree.
- Upon customer confirmation, the merchant system calls the process API to initiate the transaction.
- Pockyt uses the payment_method_nonce and transaction ID to request Braintree to process the payment.
- Braintree complies with the request and passes the transaction results to Pockyt who relays them back to the merchant website.
Last modified 5mo ago