Getting Started in the Pockyt Development Sandbox
This section provides instructions for setting up a development account with Pockyt, obtaining sandbox credentials, and installing the test digital wallet applications
Please ensure that you have the following system components, peripherals and test devices available in order to complete your implementation project.
- A barcode scanner capable of extracting the payment-barcode string value from a test digital wallet application.
- Account ID's in the Apple iOS store, and Google Play store, with the iOS TestFlight application installed on your phone.
- An iOS device and an Android device on which you will download and install the test digital wallet applications from PayPal, AliPay and CashApp to generate payment barcode strings.
- Depending on your network configurations, you may need to open a ports in your firewall to allow for POST messagse from Pockyt to a listener URL's on your back-end server.
- Wait for the Pockyt team to review and approve your application (usually takes 2 days).
- Once approved, Pockyt will provide you with a dedicated secret token for the Sandbox environment.
- Use the RESTful endpoints relevant to your use case with the initial calls made in test mode credentials to avoid incurring any costs.
- To ensure optimal integrations and testing, your Sandbox environment should feature the front-end user interface for online payment workflows.
- By following these steps, you can easily set up a Pockyt Sandbox account to test and refine your integration with Pockyt's API, providing a secure and user-friendly payment experience to your customers.
- Click on Login and select Create Account to access the 10-step merchant application form.
- Enter your credentials and submit the required documents: business license or registration, voided check or bank letter with company name, and government-issued photo identification.
- Pockyt's team reviews your application and submits it to each digital wallet service they work with.
- Once approved, Pockyt automatically activates your live accounts, which takes around 1-2 business days for processing and approval.
- Pockyt notifies you of your approval status and provides your Merchant No. and Store No. via email.
- Log in to your account to collect your API token, which is required to build API parameters.
- Each API request includes a verifySign parameter, which is the calculated MD5 hash value of your API token, allowing Pockyt to authenticate and authorize your API calls. For more information, visit "Signing API Parameters".
To create a sandbox account, simply send an email to [email protected] and request access. A member of Pockyt's developer support team will reach out to inquire about which payment methods you would like enabled, and which payment use case you will be developing.
In order to test the customer-presented QR code payment scenario, you will need to install a test application onto a mobile device in order to generate the payment barcode.
Please also provide the Apple ID's and Google Play ID's associated with the mobile devices that you will be installing the sandbox digital wallet applications for testing, so that we can forward you the invitations from iOS Testflight and the Google Play store to install these test applications
There are numerous test digital wallet apps available, but It is only necessary to install a single digital wallet type onto your mobile device in order to test the full transaction flows.
On an android device, scan the QR Code image below, which will direct you to a URL hosted by AliPay that allows you to download and install the test digital wallet application.
Last modified 6mo ago